MBA ONLINE PROGRAM DELIVERS KU to Your World
| 2016 Q1 | story by AUSTIN FALLEY, Director of Communnications , KU Business School
In 2015, the University of Kansas School of Business launched a fully online MBA program, giving countless prospective students access to the KU MBA from anywhere in the world.
Our inaugural cohort of online MBA students came from many parts of the U.S., including Chicago, Dallas, Denver and Minneapolis. These MBA students work across business functions and industries—accounting, marketing, health care and banking—and their professional experiences are varied. One current online MBA student is even a professional basketball player.
KU online MBA students are doctors, lawyers, engineers and marketers looking to build their management acumen. Our current students tell us they chose KU because of its strong national reputation and the flexibility of our online MBA program.
KU ONLINE MBA CURRICULUM
To complete the online MBA, students are required to complete core coursework and choose one set of focus area courses.
Core Courses (30 credits)
• ACCT 706: Accounting
• FIN 706: Finance
• DSCI 706: Statistics
• MGMT 706: Managing People
• MKTG 706: Marketing
• MGMT 718: Business Law and Ethics
• BE 718: Managerial Economics
• DSCI 718: Operations and Supply Chain Management
• IBUS 718: International Business
• MGMT 719: Strategic Management
Focus Areas (Choose one, 12 credits)
• FIN 751: Business Investment and Valuation
• FIN 752: Investments
• FIN 753: Financing Business Growth
• FIN 754: Derivatives and Risk Management
• MKTG 751: Consumer Behavior
• MKTG 752: Integrated Marketing Communications
• MKTG 753: Global Marketing
• MKTG 754: Digital and Social Media Marketing
Management and Leadership
• MGMT 751: Strategic Organizational Design and Change
• MGMT 752: Management and Team Building Skills
• MGMT 753: Leadership
• MGMT 754: Managing Internationally
• $714 per credit hour
• $29,998 estimated total program cost
Foundations of Business Certificate
If you’re ready to learn the essentials of management, but you aren’t ready to commit to a full MBA program, consider the Foundations of Business certificate. You’ll take online courses from the same faculty as our full-time MBA program. Once complete, your Foundations of Business credits can be applied toward earning the KU online MBA in the future.
Our online MBA students are engineers who have moved into management roles; they are marketing managers who hope to sharpen their business knowledge; and they are bankers who want to stay competitive in an ever-changing global marketplace.
No matter your goals, the University of Kansas will help you discover where business is going.
Learn more about our online programs at